The Kinect sensor is designed to be part of the console XBox 360, but fortunately Microsoft has decided to release the SDK for Windows 7 users.
This article is the first of a series of posts I will made during the time I will have this sensor at home and I will be able to play with it a little bit.
To install the sensor there are requirements:
- Microsoft Visual Studio® 2010 Express (or any other “higher version”),
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0,
- Kinect SDK Beta dla Windows 7.
This is everything you need to install the Kinect sensor on your Windows 7 computer.
Installing the device
1. Install the VS and .NET framework.
2. Install Kinect SDK (Beta so far).
3. Connect the device to your computer (first plug it into the AC/DC, then to your USB port).
4. You can verify the installation in your “Device manager”.
5. The green diode is blinking on the device.
If you have corretly finished these points – you should have the device connected to your Windows 7 PC computer and can start the developing your own application.